- One of the leading German clinics in the treatment of cardiovascular and oncological diseases.
- A multidisciplinary medical center with 27 medical departments.
- Advanced department of Transplantation, which meets the highest standards of surgical treatment of a large numbers of oncological diseases.
Was founded in 1905 as a municipal hospital, and received its status of university hospital in 1963. Since than Essen University Hospital is closely working with medical faculty of Duisburg-Essen University. What allows the use of the most advanced treatment methods. There are around 165 000 outpatients and 50 000 inpatients receiving a qualified treatment each year.
Being a multidisciplinary medical institution consisting of 27 medical departments, the main specialisation of the clinic remains the same for many years: treatment of cardiovascular disease, oncology and the transplantation of liver, pancreas and kidney. Specialists skilled in hepatobiliary surgery pay special attention to the initial treatment of liver cancer, bile duct cancer, tumors in pancreas and intestine, including metastatic tumors.
- One of the best clinic in treatment of oncological and cardiovascular diseases.
- Consist of 9 departments, specialising in general surgery, neurosurgery, maxillofacial surgery, internal medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, neuroradiology and nuclear medicine.
- Actively cooperating with German Foundation for Organ Transplantation (DSO), and conducting about 150 successful operations per annum.
Founded in 1909 Knappschaft University Hospital in Bochum was initially a hospital for miners in Ruhr area. Over time, the range of medical services of the clinic expanded and in 1977 hospital received a status of the University Hospital of the Ruhr University Bochum, allowing for more opportunities to use advanced methods of treatment based on modern scientific researches.
Today the hospital is designed for 485 beds and contains of 9 departments, specialising in general surgery, neurosurgery, maxillofacial surgery, internal medicine, neurology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, neuroradiology and nuclear medicine. Transplantology center is considered to be one of the best in Europe. The Center is actively cooperating with German Foundation for Organ Transplantation (DSO), and conducting about 150 successful operations per annum.
Top 100: The clinic or hospital is ranked among the top 100 hospitals in Germany according to the annual ranking by "Focus Gesundheit" magazine
Good Location: the clinic or hospital is located within one hour drive from the capital or regional city centre
This clinic or hospital specialises in your medical condition
Quick Response: the clinic or hospital provides a customised price estimate within 2 working days
Multilingual medical staff
approx. Clinic prices/costs